. A few notes. – All CBA students perform. – Students must be Registered at time of performance in order to perform.
Pre-ballet introduces children 4-6 to the joy and wonder of movement. Basic elements that are common throughout the world are introduced: chasse (to chase), temps levé (jump on one foot), grand jeté (leap), assemble (to jump from one foot and land on two feet), and character steps such as polka, pas de basque, and gallop. The children perform twice a year: once in Ballet Minnesota’s Classic Nutcracker in December, and also in a story ballet as part of the Minnesota Dance Festival in the Spring.
Clothing, Holidays, Questions
GIRLS: Tights, leotard and pink ballet slippers. Any color combination is permitted for leotards and tights. Ruffled skirts are also allowed in pre-ballet.
BOYS: White t-shirt, grey shorts, white socks and white ballet slippers.
– Any child, level 2 and up, must AUDITION for placement.
– Please inform CBA and the child’s teacher of any MEDICAL concern that could affect the child during class.
– A child MUST BE A REGISTERED student with CBA at the time of the production in order to perform.
– PROGRESS into the next level is at the determination of the school director upon the completion of each level.
– If a student is LATE FOR CLASS, teacher permission is required to enter.
– MISSED CLASSES can be made up at any CBA location.
– If a child takes one class during a session, the ENTIRE TUITION IS DUE even if the child stops dancing.
– Parents may leave during class time, but PLEASE BE ON TIME to pick up your child after class.
Holidays / Breaks
Halloween ….. Sun, Oct 31 ( There will be regular classes )
Thanksgiving Break: Nov 25 – 28 ( There will be rehearsals )